Sunday, October 2, 2011

You Bought How Much Kool-Aid???



A lot. Like, if I was to make one pack's worth of Kool-aid a week, and consume it within that week, more than enough to last a year. But no, that's not why I have so much. In addition to the large amount of knitting I do, I have started dying my own yarn--wait for it-- with Kool-aid!! I've gotten some awesome colors and plan on making many more Kool-aid skeins.

I have some professional dyes as well, for colors I won't be able to obtain with Kool-aid, but I will still use Kool-aid because of some of the color combinations I've gotten--I don't know how I would get them with "regular" dyes.

Now you may be wondering what I will be doing with all this hand-dyed yarn? Well that's for me to know and you to . . . nah, just kidding. I will, in the near future be opening an Etsy shop where I will sell my hand-dyed yarns in addition to some sewn project bags, and beaded (courtesy of my sister) and tatted stitch markers. So stay tuned!



Top row (left to right): Cherry Dr. Pepper (lace), Shen-Lung (sock), and Pink Tourmaline (sock)
Bottom row (left to right): Koi (sock), Cherry Dr. Pepper (sock), Dragonfire (sock), and Ruby (lace).

No comments:

Post a Comment